The Android Compatibility Kit is composed of two main components:
- A runtime: applications developed on MicroEJ can run on the Android platform thanks to the Android-based implementation of the MicroEJ Foundation libraries and dedicated support libraries.
- A developer kit: the MICROEJ SDK 6 and a Gradle plugin provide the necessary support for developing applications in Android Studio using Gradle.
Below is a general overview of the workflow when developing a product that targets both MicroEJ and Android-powered devices.
Applications designed to run in MicroEJ VEE can also run on Android, thanks to a specific implementation of MicroEJ Foundation libraries based on Android libraries.
Available APIs and Features¶
- Foundation Libraries
- All compatible Add-on Libraries
- Supported Resources
- Fonts (EJF, TTF, OTF)
- Android Vector Drawables (AVD)
- NLS (including Android XML and PO formats)
- Custom native APIs can be implemented over Android libraries to make them executable on Android devices.