Platform Qualification is the process of validating implementations of Low Level APIs provided by a Platform connected to a custom Board Support Package.
Such validation is performed by running tests at two-levels:
- In C, by calling Low Level APIs (usually manually).
- In Java, by calling Foundation Library APIs (usually automatically using Platform Test Suite).
MicroEJ provides a set of tools and pre-defined projects aimed at simplifying the steps for validating Platforms. Please refer to https://github.com/MicroEJ/PlatformQualificationTools.
Platform Test Suite
The purpose of a MicroEJ Platform Test Suite is to validate an implementation of a Low Level API by automatically running Java tests on the device.
The Test Suite Engine is used for building, running a Test Suite, and providing a report.
A Platform Test Suite contains one or more tests. For each test, the Test Suite Engine will:
- Build a MicroEJ Firmware for the test.
- Program the MicroEJ Firmware onto the device.
- Retrieve the execution traces.
- Analyze the traces to determine whether the test has
- Append the result to the Test Report.
- Repeat until all tests of the Test Suite have been executed.