A MicroEJ Platform includes development tools and a runtime environment.
The runtime environment consists of:
- A MicroEJ Core Engine.
- Some Foundation Libraries.
- Some C libraries.
The development tools are composed of:
- Java APIs to compile MicroEJ Application code.
- Documentation: this guide, library specifications, etc.
- Tools for development and compilation.
- Launch scripts to run the simulation or build the binary file.
- Eclipse plugins.
This section summarizes the steps required to build a MicroEJ Platform and obtain a binary file to deploy on a board.
The following figure shows the overall process. The first three steps are performed within the MicroEJ Platform builder. The remaining steps are performed within the C IDE.
The steps are as follow:
- Create a new MicroEJ Platform configuration project. This project describes the MicroEJ Platform to build (MicroEJ Architecture, metadata, etc.).
- Select which modules provided by the MicroEJ Architecture will be installed in the MicroEJ Platform.
- Build the MicroEJ Platform according to the choices made in steps 1 and 2.
- Compile a MicroEJ Application against the MicroEJ Platform in order to obtain an application file to link in the BSP.
- Compile the BSP and link it with the MicroEJ Application that was built previously in step 4 to produce a MicroEJ Firmware.
- Final step: Deploy MicroEJ Firmware (i.e. the binary application) onto a board.